Monday, July 28, 2008

Truck: the Movie


I was in Hongdae the other weekend at 7 AM when I saw a poster for Truck: the Movie. Of course I had to have the poster for myself. I don't know who the truck is or what's his problem, but from the looks of the repetitive (and thereby awesome) slogan, I bet he's angry. Perhaps even vengeful.




If you were to give this movie a tagline based on movies done by Steven Seagal, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Chuck Bronson, they would go something like this:

"A top secret nuclear satellite. A team of international terrorists. A government held hostage. An undetectable moving headquarters. Only one truck stands in the way."

"They killed his truck wife ten years ago. There's still time to save her. Truck murder is forever... until now."

"In Above the Truck Law, he got tough. In Hard to Kill Truck, he got even. Now the truck with the short fuse is... Marked For Truck Death."

"No judge. No jury. No cars. Only trucks."


6 comments:

The Expat said...

Well, you've stumbled on the genre of movies that only a select few have been fortunate enough to know about: Ther Truck Thriller.

To be officially inducted you must watch and memorize "Dual".

Open Micah said...

I've seen "Der Trucken", but it's too artsy fartsy to form a club around.

Anonymous said...

I think the reincarnated/refabbed truck wife should be played by Christine.

Open Micah said...

Who is this Christine, and why don't I trust her?

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine

If you haven't seen this classic, I suggest you get it in your queue.

Open Micah said...

No wonder I didn't trust her. She was the one who scared me into canceling my Netflix in the first place.